Tonight! Your deepest fears and darkest desires commingle in an unholy union of terror. Plus, improv!
Put on your screaming clothes and get to The PIT for The 7th Annual SidViscous! Halloween Spooktacular! Tricks and treats await.
Tickets are available at http://m.bpt.me/event/99142
Or watch the show live at http://www.gander.tv/venue/pit!
Mandy On Inside Amy Schumer Tonight!
That episode of Inside Amy Schumer that Mandy is in that we mentioned earlier, but we didn’t know when it was going to air? Turns out it’s on tonight!
10:30 PM on Comedy Central, Mandy lovers.
SV! News Dump!
A lot has has been happening in the world of SidViscous! lately that we haven’t gotten around to telling you about. Here it all is, in bulletpoint format:
- Our longtime pal and sometime guest performer, Reilly Owens, is now a full-fledged member of the team! You remember Reilly from his iconic performance as Ansel in our scripted play, My Daughter, My Wife. But he is also a wonderful improviser and a member of PIT house ensemble Family Haircut (along with Mandy). And now us! Welcome Reilly!
- Why add another member, you ask? Excellent question. Well, in addition to Reilly just being great and practically a member of the team already, another bit of news is that Hobart is moving out to LA in June. Join us, as well as Hobart, Desiree and Alex’s other team Tuscarora Fire Company Picnic, in sending him off at this show tomorrow night:
7PM at The Peoples Improv Theater, $8.
- By the way, don’t worry, Hobart is still a member of the team (as is Kevin, who went out there back in October). Their exodus out West is merely the beginning of SidViscous!’s expansion into a bi-coastal operation, and we have some big plans in the works as a result. Here’s a sneak peak at our next big project:
- Mandy is in an episode of Comedy Central’s new show Inside Amy Schumer! But she doesn’t know which one or when it airs, so just watch all of them I guess.
- And finally, former SV! member James Rich just got married in a surprise ceremony at the end of an improv show at The PIT. Congratulations, James!
Whew. That ought to do it. You’re now officially caught up. I’m glad we had this talk.
We hope to see you at the show tomorrow night!
SV! In the NYC Improv Festival 2013
And if you’re interested in taking a workshop while you’re here for the festival, we recommend this one:
Rebekka Johnson was our first director and is responsible for everything positive you can say about us. She’s the best and she doesn’t live in New York anymore, so this is a rare opportunity to learn from one of the real greats. Do it!